Wednesday 23 March 2011

Evaluation activity 1 (part 1)

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products? (i.e. of music magazines)

My magazine utilizes a semi standard layout taken by many magazines including ones like Q and NME, this is by having my masthead at the top and having it unobscured by things like pictures and bad color schemes. Ways in which i deviated from the norm in the layout of my magazine would probably be the positing of the barcode, sideways under the masthead, and the positioning of the issue number and price. I say this because its sideways on and actually embedded within the mast head. During my Research and planning i had a look at several magazines already on the market (Cover analysis) and attempted to try and make my magazine adhere to things that i saw that were relatively universal across most genres.

No comments:

Post a Comment